Helioguard 365 is based on mycosporine-like amino acids from the red alga Porphyra umbilicalis, which are the most powerful UV-absorbing substances known to nature.
Helioguard 365 is both a natural and safe UV-screening compound. It is ideal for everyday use and ensures the skin is protected from photo-aging.
Protection of lipid peroxidation after UV radiation
Increase in skin firmness and smoothness
Decrease of wrinkle depth
SPF boosting effect in a sunscreen formulation
Reduction of UV-induced DNA damage in skin cells
In vivo study
In vitro study
- A natural UVA protection factor for everyday
- Protects the skin against premature aging signs
- Prevents the appearance of lines, wrinkles and other signs of photo-aging
The red algae Porphyra (Porphyra umbilicalis) is an organism that lives in shallow water or on the beach where it is exposed to extreme UV radiation. It produces the most powerful UV-absorbing substances in nature. The isolated mycosporine-like amino acids absorb maximally at 335 nm with a molar absorption coefficient of 45,000.
INCI (EU/PCPC) Declaration
Aqua/ Water (and) Lecithin (and) Alcohol (and) Sodium Lactate (and) Porphyra Umbilicalis Extract (and) Phenoxyethanol
Recommended Use Level
1 – 5 %
- PDF UV-A Sunscreen from Red Algae for Protection against Premature Skin Aging (C&T Manufacture Worldwide)
- PDF Mycosporine-like Amino Acids: Natural UV-Screening Compounds from Red Algae to Protect the Skin Against Photo-Aging (SÖFW 07/2003)
- PDF UVA-Screening Compounds from Red Algae Protect Against Photo-Aging (OC 01/2004)
- PDF Mycosporine-like Amino Acids from Red Algae Protect Against Premature Skin-Aging (Euro Cosmetics 09/2006)