MAXnolia is a water-dispersible active powder that is based on a premium magnolia bark extract. MAXnolia inhibits the activation of NF-κB, which is a key mediator in the skin’s chronic inflammation process.
It manages to neutralize internal aging factors and reduce skin redness. MAXnolia counteracts inflamm’aging in skin and by doing so helps to further extend the youthful appearance of skin.
Reduction of facial skin redness
Anti-aging effect on the eye contour area
Improvement of skin firmness and skin hydration
In vivo study
In vitro study
- Protects skin against chronic inflammation
- Neutralizes internal aging factors
- Reduces skin redness
Magnolia (Magnolia officinalis) is a medicinal plant that belongs to the Chinese pharmacopoeia. Its bark has been used in Asia for thousands of years to treat the stagnation of qi (lack of energy) and more precisely digestive disorders, anxiety and allergic diseases. Magnolia contains two pharmacologically active components called magnolol and honokiol, which synergistically inhibit inflammatory and aging processes.
INCI (EU/PCPC) Declaration
MAXnolia (standard version): Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract (and) Vitis Vinifera / Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (and) Tocopherol (and) Lecithin (and) Maltodextrin (and) Aqua / Water
MAXnolia O (oil-soluble version): Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract (and) Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride
Recommended Use Level
0.1 – 0.5 %
- PDF Magnolia Derived Honokiol and Magnolol Fight Against Skin Inflamm’Aging (Cosmetics Design 02/2010)
- PDF Chronic Inflammation and its Effect on Skin Ageing (in-cosmetics Preview 03/2010)
- PDF Magnolia Bark Actives to Prevent Inflamm’Aging of the Skin (Pure Health Magazine Spring Issue 2010)
- PDF Fighting the Effects of Chronic Inflammation in the Skin (Focus on Healthy Aging Supplement to AgroFood industry hi-tech, Vol 21, n 5, 09/10-2010)