Sunflower Shoot Active is a purified extract of organic sunflower sprouts, which energizes the skin and delays aging. Sprouts have naturally occurring levels of nutrients that are higher than the corresponding mature plant.
Gene array analysis as well as in vitro studies performed on a reconstructed epidermis showed the capacity of Sunflower Shoot Active to delay aging and preserve the skin’s structure and quality.
Increased production of cellular energy
Protection against stress-induced senescence
Positive effect on genes important for the build-up of ECM components
In vivo study
In vitro study
- Reactivates ATP production, the cell's essential fuel
- Delays senescence of skin cells
- Regulates the gene expression to protect the cellular matrix
The sunflower (Helianthus annuus) is a perennial flowering plant that is native to North America. It is cultivated in regions as a food crop and ornamental plant. The sunflower is a symbol for energy and perfection because of its symmetry and longevity. The sprouts of this fast growing plant have the highest concentration of phytonutrients, the compounds in plants that are known for their health promoting properties.
INCI (EU/PCPC) Declaration
Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Sprout Extract (and) Sodium Benzoate (and) Aqua / Water
Recommended Use Level
2 – 5 %
- PDF Shoots of Sunflowers to Power the Skin (Personal Care 11/2010)
- PDF Shoots of Sunflowers to Energize and Rejuvenate the Skin (HPC Today 12/2010)
- PDF Vegetable Sprouts: A Potent Source for Cosmetic Actives (HPC Today 03/2011)
- PDF The Intelligent Cell Protecting Factor Based on Sunflower Sprouts (Cosmetics Design 09/2011)