PhytoCellTec™ Malus Domestica is a patented liposomal preparation of apple stem cells derived from the ‘Uttwiler Spätlauber’, a rare Swiss apple variety. These apple stem cells are rich in epigenetic factors and metabolites, which ensures the longevity of skin cells. PhytoCellTec™ Malus Domestica has been shown to protect skin stem cells while also delaying the senescence of hair follicles. PhytoCellTec™ Malus Domestica succeeds in delivering a revolutionary anti-aging performance for real rejuvenation.
Mibelle Biochemistry has developed a novel plant cell culture technology (PhytoCellTec™) that enables the large-scale cultivation of callus (stem) cells from rare and protected plant species, such as Malus Domestica. The PhytoCellTec™ technology, which was recognized at the UN Conference Rio+20 as an Eco breakthrough, delivers a highly sustainable sourcing of this active. You can find further information on our PhytoCellTec™ website.
PhytoCellTec™ Malus Domestica was the first ingredient based on plant stem cells on the cosmetic market. The topical use of PhytoCellTec™ Malus Domestica is patented in the USA (US 9,155,916 B2 / US 8,580,320 B2) and in Korea (10-1470632).
PhytoCellTec™ Malus Domestica Movie
Increases the colony forming efficiency of epidermal stem cells
Helps skin cells to maintain the capacity to build new tissues (3D epidermis)
Reverses signs of senescence in fibroblasts
Increases lifespan of isolated hair follicles
Anti-wrinkle effect on crow’s feet
In vivo study
In vitro study
- Protects longevity of skin stem cells
- Delays senescence of essential cells
- Increases the vitality of skin stem cells
- Combats chronological aging
Uttwiler Spätlauber is a variety of a Swiss apple (Malus domestica) that is derived from a seedling planted in the middle of the 18th century. It was very famous for its excellent storability without shriveling. Uttwiler Spätlauber apples have especially long-living tissue stem cells, while their specific composition of metabolites leads to incredible storability and longevity properties.
INCI (EU/PCPC) Declaration
PhytoCellTec™ Malus Domestica (standard version): Malus Domestica Fruit Cell Culture Extract (and) Xanthan Gum (and) Glycerin (and) Lecithin (and) Phenoxyethanol (and) Aqua / Water
PhytoCellTec™ Md or (powder version, 10-fold concentrated): Malus Domestica Fruit Cell Culture Extract (and) Isomalt (and) PVP (and) Sodium Benzoate (and) Lactic Acid (and) Aqua / Water
PhytoCellTec™ Md or pf (powder version, without preservatives, 10-fold concentrated): Malus Domestica Fruit Cell Culture Extract (and) Isomalt (and) Aqua / Water
PhytoCellTec™ MD lf (lecithin-free version): Malus Domestica Fruit Cell Culture Extract (and) Xanthan Gum (and) Sodium Benzoate (and) Aqua / Water
Recommended Use Level
2 – 5 %
- PDF Plant Stem Cell Extract for Longevity of Skin and Hair (SOFW-Journal, 05/2008)
- PDF Potential of Plant Cells in Culture for Cosmetic Application (Phytochem Rev 2008, 7:599-605)
- PDF Stimulation of Stem Cells for Real Rejuvenation (CD 08/2008)
- PDF Stimuli for skin stem cells for real skin rejuvenation (HPC Today 04/2009)
- PDF An Apple A Day (SPC 02/2010)
- PDF Stimulating Epidermal Regeneration with Plant-Derived Stem Cells (C&T, Vol. 125, No. 5, 05/2010)
- PDF Use of Plant Cell Cultures for a Sustainable Production of Innovative Ingredients (SöFW 09/2012)