A natural UV-screening active to protect against photo-aging
Helioguard™ 365 is based on mycosporine-like amino acids from the red alga Porphyra umbilicalis, which are the most powerful UV-absorbing substances known to nature.
Helioguard™ 365 is both a natural and safe UV-screening compound. It is ideal for everyday use and ensures the skin is protected from photo-aging.
The red algae Porphyra (Porphyra umbilicalis) is an organism that lives in shallow water or on the beach where it is exposed to extreme UV radiation. It produces the most powerful UV-absorbing substances in nature. The isolated mycosporine-like amino acids absorb maximally at 335 nm with a molar absorption coefficient of 45,000.
- Reduction of UV-induced DNA damage in fibroblasts
- Increase in skin firmness and smoothness despite UVA irradiation
- Decrease of wrinkle depth despite UVA irradiation
- Inhibition of lipid peroxidation despite UVA irradiation
- SPF boosting effect in a sunscreen formulation
Helioguard™ 365 (standard version): Aqua/ Water (and) Lecithin (and) Alcohol (and) Sodium Lactate (and) Porphyra Umbilicalis Extract (and) Phenoxyethanol
Noriguard nc (version without phenoxyethanol and without alcohol, half concentrated, ECOCERT certified*): Porphyra Umbilicalis / Porphyra Umbilicalis Extract (and) Sodium Lactate (and) Sodium Benzoate (and) Aqua/ Water
* Raw material approved by ECOCERT GREENLIFE according to the Ecocert Standard for Natural and Organic Cosmetics available at www.ecocert.com
Mycosporine-like amino acids natural UV-screening compounds from red algae to protect the skin against photoaging SOFW 2003
UV-A sunscreen from red algae for protection against premature skin aging C&T 2004
UVA-screening compounds from red algae protect against photoageing - Personal Care 2004
Mycosporine-like amino acids from red algae protect against premature skin-aging EuroCosmetics 09-06