Snow Algae Powder
Key to skin’s longevity
Snow Algae Powder is based on the extract of a unique alga that is capable of growing on glaciers and permanent snow. And it is in these extreme environmental conditions that the algae produce valuable stress response molecules.
Snow Algae Powder stimulates the longevity gene Klotho and activates AMPK, a master switch in the cellular defense and energy system. Snow Algae Powder visibly improves skin structure, evens the skin tone and reinforces its barrier function.
For more information please visit our homepage Snow Algae Powder.
Snow algae are single-cell algae with the unique ability to actively live at a temperature of approximately 0 °C. Snow algae grow in areas where there is either an Alpine or polar climate in which there is snow all year round (permanent snow). The normally green algae adapt to the extreme environmental conditions: When the UV radiation is increased in early summer the algae turn red as they produce considerably more carotenoid pigments than chlorophyll ones. The production of other secondary metabolites such as biopolymers, antifreeze glycoproteins (AFGPs), stress modifiers and osmotically active amino acids and sugars also help these extremophile algae to survive in their habitat.
- Stimulation of the longevity gene Klotho in aged skin cells
- Activation of AMPK, the master switch of the cell’s energy system
- Stimulation of collagen in aged skin cells
- Anti-MMP effect in aged skin cells
- Reduction of the effects of aging on skin proteins
- Rejuvenation of the dermal-epidermal junction
- Reinforcement of the skin barrier in challenging conditions
- Anti-age spot effect
- Smoothing and moisturizing effect
Rejuvenating Effect of Snow Algae Analysed Personal Care Magazine Europe 04 2014
Snow Algae Powder The Secret of Red Snow in-cosmetics Preview February 2014
The Secret of Snow Algae Guide Expression Cosmetique 2014